It’s time once again for the TEC Design Contest! The theme this year is “My Favorite Thing(s)”. The board chose this topic because we felt that it provided a great variety of options for coin design. Is your favorite thing a person? A place? A thing? A holiday? An animal? A pet? Remember, this is your contest, so let your imagination run wild. This can be your single Favorite Thing or multiple Favorite Things; the choice is up to you. The winning designs will be announced in the April TEC News. TEC will produce the winning design on U.S. cents and distribute one to each TEC member. Young Numismatists will be judged separately from regular members and a winner from each group will be selected.
The winning designer of each group will receive:
- 25 elongated pennies rolled with the winning design
- One set of denominational coins rolled with the winning design
- One free year of TEC Membership
- The winner will be a member of the judging panel for the next year’s contest
Entries will be judged on the following:
- Illustration of the design theme “My Favorite Thing(s)“
- Compatibility with size/engraving limitations
- Note: any design considered inappropriate will be disqualified.
The following rules apply:
- All active Regular, Young Numismatists, Associate, Life, and Honorary members are eligible to participate. If you haven’t paid your dues for 2023, please do so to enter the contest.
- Each TEC member is limited to two (2) entries
- Please do not use copyrighted images or logos
- Entries must be submitted via official entry form (or a photocopy of it) by either email or “snail mail” by February 17, 2023. When submitting via email please consider image quality as entries are provided to judges “as received.” When submitting “Snail Mail” please allow extra time for delivery to ensure that it will arrive prior to the deadline. We don’t want anyone left out.
- “TEC” and “2023” must appear on the design
**Entries MUST be received NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 17, 2023****
Regular Member Entries