TEC is excited to announce the theme of their 2014 Design Contest. The theme chosen by the judging panel is “Celebrating Space Exploration and Science Fiction.” You are invited to submit your best efforts for judging by February 28, 2014, and the winning design will be announced in the April issue of TEC News. TEC will produce the winning design, with the designer’s initials included, on US cents and distribute one to each TEC Member in the July issue of TEC News.
In addition, the winning designer will receive:
- 25 elongated cents rolled with their winning design
- One set of elongated coins rolled with their winning design (quarter, dime, nickel, cent)
- One free year of TEC Membership. (Note: the free year of membership must be used by the winner unless he/she is a Life or Honorary Member – in which case he/she may elect to “gift” a years membership to a non-member. If the winner is already pre-paid for future years, the closest unpaid year will be considered the awarded year.
- The winner will be a member of the judging panel, along with the TEC Board, for the next year’s contest.
Entries will be judged on the following:
- Illustration of the design theme, “Celebrating Space Exploration and Science Fiction”
- Compatibility with size/engraving limitations
- Note: Any design considered inappropriate by the judges will be disqualified. Remember we are a family oriented club.
The following rules apply:
- All active General, Young Numismatists, Associate, Life and Honorary members are eligible to participate. If you have not paid your dues for 2014, please do so before entering the contest. Membership will be verified.
- A maximum of two entries per person will be accepted.
- Entries must be submitted on this official entry form (or a photocopy of it) either by email or “snail mail” no later than February 28, 2014.
- “TEC” and “2014” must appear somewhere in the design. Please do NOT put your initials on your entry.
- Since the design will be rolled on cents, TEC reserves the right to modify the winning design for space or aesthetic reasons. Please use the template, avoid very small details and very small text, and make your drawing as clean and lines as dark as you can.
*** Entries MUST be received NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 28, 2014***
Download the entry form (right click and save target as)
(Note: The PDF may not print using Google Chrome as a browser. If you have an alternate browser to use such as Firefox or Internet Explorer, you should be able to print from one of those. If you do not have access to another browser, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent the digital copy of the form)