The Elongated Collectors (TEC)
2016 Coin Design Challenge
Once again TEC is sponsoring a Design Contest this year. The theme is “Celebrating Our National Parks”. The winning design will be announced in the April TEC News. TEC will produce the winning design, with the designer’s initials included, on US cents and distribute one to each TEC member.
In addition, the winning designer will receive:
- 25 elongated pennies rolled with the winning design.
- One set of elongated coins rolled with the winning design (quarter, dime, nickel, cent).
- One free year of TEC membership. Note: The free year of membership must be used by the winner unless he/she is a Life or Honorary Member – in which case he/she may elect to “gift” a year’s subscription to a non-member. If the winner is already pre-paid for future years, the closest unpaid year will be considered the awarded year.
- The winner will be a member of the judging panel for the next year’s contest.
Entries will be judged on the following:
- Illustration of the design them, “Celebrating Our National Parks”; and
- Compatibility with size/engraving limitations.
- Note: Any design considered inappropriate will be disqualified. Please do not use copyrighted images or logos.
The following rules apply:
- All active General, Junior, Associate, Life and Honorary members are eligible to participate. If you haven’t paid your dues for 2016, please do so before entering the contest.
- You may submit as many entries as you wish.
- Entries must be submitted on this official entry form (or a photocopy of it) by either email or “snail mail” by February 29, 2016.
- “TEC” and “2016” must appear somewhere in the design.
Since the design will be rolled on pennies, TEC reserves the right to modify the winning design for space or aesthetic reasons. Please use the template on the reverse of this form, avoid very small details and very small text, and make your drawing as clean as you can. Please do NOT put your initials on the design to keep the entries anonymous. They will be added to the winner’s design later on.
**Entries MUST be received NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 29, 2016!***
We will be updating this page sporadically with entries already received. Check our your competition or make sure your idea is different than what has already been submitted by checking out the gallery.