It is time once again for the annual TEC Coin Design Contest. Again, this year we will be judging junior member entries separate from regular members entries and announcing a winner from each group! The coveted prize of seeing your design rolled on to a penny will be awarded to each group!
Also, once again the contest entry form contains a few lines where you can add notes about your design that will be shared with the judges. The notes are completely optional, but sometimes participants incorporate creative elements or symbolic gestures into their design that they would like to bring to the judges’ attention and we are giving you a space to do that.
And now on to this year’s theme! This has been a difficult year for most of us. In fact, some of us would like to do a reboot and skip 2020 altogether. If you look close enough you will find the good in everything.
That brings us to this year’s theme……What I’m Thankful For….
The board feels this theme will allow for a great variety of different designs and let everyone express themselves and create some amazing coin designs. Interpretation of the design contest theme is completely up to the participant. If you are inspired by more than one idea, don’t limit yourself and submit more than one design. If you are a new member, junior member, or never submitted an entry to the design contest before, we encourage you to put some ideas to paper and submit multiple entries this year! For past contest participants, we hope to see your creativity shine through again this year!
The TEC Design Contest is open to all current and active TEC members. Using the entry form linked below, submit a design based on the contest theme. If you haven’t paid your dues for 2021, please do so before entering the contest. All entries are due by February 19, 2021 and the entry form contains more information about the contest rules and prizes. Judges, consisting of the TEC Board and last year’s winner, will be looking for originality of the design and appropriateness to the theme.
- The winning design will be reduced to fit on a penny! Strive for bold and simple designs and avoid very small details and text.
- Do not use copyrighted logos or images.
- “TEC” and “2021” must appear somewhere in the design.
- While entries are unlimited, avoid submitting the same design with multiple variations.
- When submitting via email, please consider image quality as entries are provided to the judges “as received.”
- When submitting “Snail Mail” please allow extra time for delivery to ensure that it will arrive prior to the deadline. We don’t want anyone left out.
- Most of all – Have Fun!
TEC Member Entries
Junior Members Entries