We were very successful in selling our badges and coin sets in Chicago this year. So much so that even though we made more than last year, some items sold out! Realizing that some of our members would not get a chance to buy these items for their own collections through our TEC Store, we decided to make a limited number more. Here is your chance to buy them!
Get your order in ASAP. You can order on the website (click the link under the items to be taken directly to its page in the store) or contact Les Holbrook.
The deadline to order is October 31 and no further orders will be taken after this date!
Elongated coins (so-called because of their shape after they are rolled) are part of what’s known as “exonumia” – that is, they fall outside the usual numismatic interests. But rest assured, if you have a few, a few hundred, or a few thousand of them, you are not alone! Elongated coins are sometimes also called “elongated pennies”, “pressed pennies” or “squished pennies”
Founded in 1966 as a non-profit organization, The Elongated Collectors (TEC) now has over 650 members in several countries. Our purpose is to
- encourage the study, acquisition, and exhibition of elongates and related items
- research and publish articles in TEC News and elsewhere
- assist new collectors, especially youth
- promote the realistic and consistent valuation of elongates.
Basically, we care for and foster interest in these marvelous souvenirs from every source and every era!
If you love elongates, then TEC is the club for you! We gather for our annual meeting at the American Numismatic Association’s World of Money convention. In addition, many of our members gather throughout the year at “mini-meets” in various parts of the country to visit with one another, compare collections, trade duplicates, and go on “squishin’ missions.” And many of us also participate in various internet discussion groups, sharing our latest discoveries and helping each other out in any way we can. More information is available all over our website. We welcome any and all questions you have!
Please join us! For your nominal membership dues, you will receive:
- Our quarterly newsletter, TEC News
- Exclusive elongates, including coveted annual TEC member issues
- Birthday elongates for junior members
- Discounts on classic reference books, such as Yesterday’s Elongates
- And more, but best of all access to the unmatched generosity and wisdom of novice and advanced collectors alike!